Executive Director (Australia)
Matthias Media’s ministry involves partnering with Christians and churches to advocate for and equip the making of disciples through resources and training. We publish nearly four hundred different ministry resources, both in print and digitally.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Executive Director (ED) to lead our Australian operation and to be part of our new Global Executive team.
We need someone who…
- first and foremost has a demonstrated commitment to the mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ, and who shares our Gospel Convictions
- has the experience and ability to lead our ministry organization in growth
- is able to provide mature, wise and godly leadership to the team (of around 12 Australian staff), and is willing to take responsibility for ensuring the sound administration of the company.
The ED will report to the Matthias Media Board, and will be responsible for all aspects of the running of Matthias Media (Australia). As part of the Global Executive team, the ED would also have significant input into decisions about Matthias Media’s global advocacy, training and resource-publishing program.
The ED will work closely with the Director of Matthias Media, North America (Marty Sweeney), who has similar responsibilities for the US company.
In particular, the ED will be responsible to the Board for:
- the sound operation, growth and financial success of Matthias Media (Australia)
- driving organizational development and change to achieve these ends
- meeting the agreed annual budget and associated sales targets
- maintaining a united and effective staff team and setting clear team goals
- managing relationships with key partners and customers (e.g. Koorong, 10ofThose, Moore College)
- reporting to the Board on all of the above.
We are looking for:
- a mature Christian faith and a commitment to high levels of biblical integrity
- demonstrated leadership ability (over at least 5 years and ideally including some experience in leading in a Christian context)
- innovative thinking and the ability to manage change
- strong communication and people-management skills
- experience in growing a business (a background in marketing or sales would be helpful)
- the ability to juggle multiple priorities and responsibilities.
This is a role that is full of stimulating and diverse challenges, leading an organization that punches well above its weight in terms of impact for God’s kingdom worldwide. This might be an opportunity for you to use the skills and experience you’ve gained in a business environment to contribute to that vital kingdom work. Or maybe it’s an opportunity for you to use your ministry experience and entrepreneurial skills in an excitingly different, yet highly rewarding context?
The next few years will involve a transition to a new generation of leadership for Matthias Media. We would love to find an Executive Director who will be a key part of the team to take up the baton which Tony Payne and Ian Carmichael have run with for the last 30 plus years.
The Matthias Media office (when we eventually start using it again) is located in Newtown (Sydney).
Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills, and the likely salary range is available on enquiry.
If you would like to apply, please forward:
- your Curriculum Vitae
- a letter of reference from your church pastor
- a letter from you setting out:
- your current and recent ministry involvements
- strengths and experiences you believe you would bring to the role
- areas you might need to improve or develop for the role.
to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 October, 2020. Note: Applications without a reference from your pastor will not be accepted or considered.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact us via the same email address. Please ensure you provide your phone number and let us know appropriate times for one of our recruitment team to call you.